Social freezing is a preventative freezing of your own healthy ova or sperm for future use. In today's civilized world, social freezing is a common practice.
Freezing of eggs
The woman is the most fertile between the age of 20 and 30. After reaching 35 years, egg quality and fertility drop sharply. In order to have her own child even at an older age, it is possible to freeze her eggs, ideally until she turns 30. When the woman is healthy, of course she can get pregnant naturally and frozen eggs may never be used.
About 95% of the eggs survive the freezing.
Freezing of eggs is good for women
- Who must postpone their motherhood for various reasons,
- Who will have oncological treatment,
- When their ovaries will be removed due to health reasons.
Freezing of sperm
Sperm can be frozen at any age, but the sperm count and quality drops with increasing age.
Frozen sperm can be stored for up to 20 years and its quality remains intact. About 80% of the sperm survive the freezing.
Freezing sperm is good for men
- Who postpone parenthood,
- Who have scheduled oncology treatment,
- Who have unhealthy lifestyle, smoke, spend most of their time at a computer,
- Who engage in hazardous sports or serve in the army,
- Who live in an environment with increased levels of harmful substances.