It is absolutely crucial to determine the initial diagnosis correctly in order to select the method of infertility treatment. The couple therefore undergoes a series of various tests in GENNET, which are aimed at evaluating their current health, in particular regarding their fertility.
The woman can undergo the following examinations before the start of infertility treatment.
Determination of medical history
The examination proceeds as a conversation with the physician who asks the patient about her current health and other factors that may affect fertility. The physician will ask you questions regarding:
- menstrual cycle
- previous pregnancies
- inflammations of female genitals
- previous operations
- frequency of sexual intercourse
- medication or food supplements that you use
The examination determines general health of the patient and state of female reproductive organs.
Basic laboratory tests
- blood examination, which includes:
- hormonal profile (FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone, prolactin, testosterone, SHBG)
- thyroid function (TSH, fT4, fT3, anti-TPO, anti-TG)
- tests for sexually transmitted diseases (hepatitis B and C, syphilis, HIV)
- urine examination, tests for:
- Chlamydia trachomatis
The purpose of the examination is monitoring of organs in the lesser pelvis (uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries).
The physician examines in particular the following before the start of treatment:
- shape of uterine cavity and ovaries
- function of fallopian tubes
The physician mainly evaluates the following in the course of treatment:
- follicular growth
- state of endometrium
Determination of AMH (Anti-Müllerian hormone)
The examination detects ovarian reserve of the patient - that is, number of remaining eggs that are capable of ovulation. Ovarian reserve decreases with increasing age, but the speed of the decline is different in each woman.
Examination of patency of fallopian tubes (ultrasound hysterosalpingography - HSG)
This non-invasive examination uses contrast medium to discover the condition and patency of fallopian tubes. The medium is inserted in the uterine cavity with a special tube. Movement and possible limitations of the contrast medium are monitored during testing.
The physician examines uterine cavity during the procedure to evaluate its shape, ostium of fallopian tubes, endometrium and at the same time it is possible to collect a mucosa sample for histological examination.
The procedure is carried out through the vagina with gentle optical instruments.
Minor surgical procedures can be performed during the examination, such as:
- removal of polyps
- removal of adhesions
- removal of myomas
- treatment of uterine septum with a partition in the uterine cavity
- locating and removal of foreign bodies (e.g. intrauterine device)
We offer the outpatient examination in GENNET without general anesthesia or with light narcosis without necessary hospitalization.
The physician examines the condition of abdominal cavity and verifies the patency of fallopian tubes during the examination. Laparoscopy also enables the following:
- treatment of adhesions
- ovarian cysts
- examination of ovarian patency
The client undergoes the testing in general light narcosis without hospitalization.
The physician may recommend other diagnostic methods to the patient, such as:
- 3D ultrasound
- genetic examination
- immunological examination and examination by reproduction immunologist
- endocrinological examination